The Coffee Shop

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Coffee Shop

A place for general discussion on numerous topics including history, news, religion, cultures and more!

In Africa, can you name...

Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

In Africa, can you name... Empty In Africa, can you name...

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:05 pm

In the continent of Africa, can you fairly name one nation whose society and Government are such that you would describe them as being sensitive to human rights, not chaotic and anarcic, not essentially run by a mafia militia or despot who wasn't voted it, not under marital law, not seeing thousands of their own die from often curable disease, and from hunger?

For all the ills of the West, is there one African nation that can compare?

Now, it is almost feel sympathy for the plight of those Africans, whether it is sincere or not.

We have almost taken it upon ourselves to feel this sense of culpability for the state of large parts of that continent.

I am not suggesting that we are blameless, there is little doubt that Afican nations have often been royally shafted, however, my point is that they wouldn't be so easily exploited by these vultures, had, as time went on, they moved with the times, socially, scientifically, and overall, educationally.

And there lies the key, to the distopia that represent so many nations in that area.

Food and supplies from the West are all well and fine, however, unless a more educated society is developed, they will always be ignorant to the spread of disease, many for example still think that raping a virgin girl can cure AIDS, I kid ye not!

With thinking like that, is it any wonder their whole infrastructure is often awry?

I think not.

Of course, there are those who consider it a matter of race.

Eg; Perhaps the black man, for whatever other qualities he has, do not make good societies or produce good leaders, etc, etc.

I believe this to be wrong, since there are many examples of v successful black politicians, esp in the US!

But, of course, these are African Amercians, and as such, they were privy to the educational possibles that a Western society offers, and that is why they went on to do well.

In other words, if you took a bunch of pre school kids from Sudan, and educated them in a good US or UK school, they would have the same capacity for success as any other race, imo.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:38 pm