The Coffee Shop

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Coffee Shop

A place for general discussion on numerous topics including history, news, religion, cultures and more!

3 posters

A 'Super' Man...

Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

A 'Super' Man... Empty A 'Super' Man...

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:46 pm

I think that in a few years, it will be common for life to be prolonged by science and tech, but furthermore, for actual human beings to be enhanced, so that that they are fitter, stronger, less prone to illness, and so on and so on.

Now, I expect that there are some that might doubt this, yet I see it as merely an extension of the cosmetic surgery that has been popular in the past decade.

Once we tired of using this creative science to improve how we look, be that younger etc, we will turn our attention to wanting it to make us stronger, almost superior human beings ... supermen, if you will.

This might be achieved at any point in life, by means of implants, for example, that would be stronger and more durable that muscle, or it may come in the form of some sort of 'liberal eugenics'.

In principle, I would have no problem with this, save for one thing.

What we will get is the wealthy who are able to do this, and thus, we will create a tiny % of men and women who are not only financially powerful, but now they have used these sciences to make them more powerful in a whole new way.
    Theophilus
    Theophilus

A 'Super' Man... Empty Re: A 'Super' Man...

Post  Theophilus Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Yeah Well Fine Then wrote:I think that in a few years, it will be common for life to be prolonged by science and tech, but furthermore, for actual human beings to be enhanced, so that that they are fitter, stronger, less prone to illness, and so on and so on.

Now, I expect that there are some that might doubt this, yet I see it as merely an extension of the cosmetic surgery that has been popular in the past decade.

Once we tired of using this creative science to improve how we look, be that younger etc, we will turn our attention to wanting it to make us stronger, almost superior human beings ... supermen, if you will.

This might be achieved at any point in life, by means of implants, for example, that would be stronger and more durable that muscle, or it may come in the form of some sort of 'liberal eugenics'.

What we will get is the wealthy who are able to do this, and thus, we will create a tiny % of men and women who are not only financially powerful, but now they have used these sciences to make them more powerful in a whole new way.

Here is some fiction. First for us commoners will come the diseases that will wipe a large percentage of us out. Than will come the disasters that will destroy what tech we could use to prop ourselves back up again. Oh and of course kill more of us common folk. Those who are left will be slaves. Left to live a life with no hope, no future. Their only future will be to serve the new "supermen" The slaves will be controlled from the time they are born to serve these new "supermen". The slaves will be tortured for amusement, and killed on a whim. Of course what I am saying is fiction.

It couldn't possibly happen.
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 am

Theophilus wrote:
    Yeah Well Fine Then wrote:I think that in a few years, it will be common for life to be prolonged by science and tech, but furthermore, for actual human beings to be enhanced, so that that they are fitter, stronger, less prone to illness, and so on and so on.

Here is some fiction. First for us commoners will come the diseases that will wipe a large percentage of us out. Than will come the disasters that will destroy what tech we could use to prop ourselves back up again. Oh and of course kill more of us common folk. Those who are left will be slaves. Left to live a life with no hope, no future. Their only future will be to serve the new "supermen" The slaves will be controlled from the time they are born to serve these new "supermen". The slaves will be tortured for amusement, and killed on a whim. Of course what I am saying is fiction.

It couldn't possibly happen.

And yet, of a fashion, it has happened.

Many times.

Perhaps the oppressors were not modified 'supermen', as such, but by virtue of their power and numbers, for sure, they have persecuted others, and still do so today.

But I speak also of the modification of the human mind.

This is a crucial part.

The modification of the mind, so that the concept of 'murder' would be redundant, as well as a lot of other negative human emotions, that sometimes throw themselves up.
    Rhythm Devil
    Rhythm Devil

Post  Rhythm Devil Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:02 am

Yeah... start with the mind I say. Once you get to a certain age, the synapses don't connect... wirings not insulated... things fall apart, the center cannot hold... give an alzheimers patient some super human abilities and see where that road takes ya. Super human feats of repetition and self defacation cuz they can't remember where the john is... now there's yer movie! Count me out though... I'm bored now, can't imagine living 20 more years, much less fifty.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:32 pm