The Coffee Shop

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Coffee Shop

A place for general discussion on numerous topics including history, news, religion, cultures and more!

5 posters

Angel Dust (PCP)

Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Angel Dust (PCP) Empty Angel Dust (PCP)

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Of all recreational drugs, from weed to crack cocaine and crystal meth, the one that I hear least of is what is known as 'angel dust'.

I understand that it was used in the US, among some, but I have never known it to have a culture here in the UK, for whatever reason?

It is the one drug that seems not to have migrated into the Island.

So, what is it..?

Let's have a wee look - Very Happy

Phencyclidine (a complex clip of the chemical name phenylcyclohexylpiperidine, commonly initialised as PCP), also known as angel dust, is a dissociative drug formerly used as an anesthetic agent, exhibiting hallucinogenic and neurotoxic effects. It was first patented in 1952 by the Parke-Davis pharmaceutical company and marketed under the brand name Sernyl. PCP is listed as a Schedule II drug in the United States under the Convention on Psychotropic Substances.

In chemical structure, PCP is an arylcyclohexylamine derivative, and, in pharmacology, it is a member of the family of dissociative anesthetics. PCP works primarily as an NMDA receptor antagonist, which blocks the activity of the NMDA receptor. Other NMDA receptor antagonists include ketamine, tiletamine, and dextromethorphan. Although the primary psychoactive effects of the drug last only hours, total elimination from the body is prolonged, typically extending over at least 8 days.

Effects

Behavioural effects can vary by dosage. Small doses produce a numbness in the extremities and intoxication, characterized by staggering, unsteady gait, slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, and loss of balance. Moderate doses (5-10 mg intranasal, or 0.01-0.02 mg/kg intramuscular or intravenous), will produce analgesia and anesthesia. High doses may lead to convulsions.

Psychological effects include severe changes in body image, loss of ego boundaries, and depersonalization. Visual hallucinations and euphoria are reported infrequently.

The drug has been known to alter mood states in an unpredictable fashion, causing some individuals to become detached, and others to become animated. Intoxicated individuals may act in an unpredictable fashion, driven by their delusions and hallucinations. Included in the portfolio of behavioral disturbances are acts of self-injury including suicide, and attacks on others or destruction of property. The analgesic properties of the drug can cause users to feel less pain, and persist in violent or injurious acts as a result. Recreational doses of the drug can also induce a psychotic state that resembles schizophrenic episodes which can last for months at a time with toxic doses. However, users generally report an "out-of-body" experience where they feel detached from reality, or one's consciousness seems somewhat disconnected from normal reality. Symptoms can be easily recalled by the mnemonic device "RED DANES": rage, erythema (redness of skin), dilated pupils, delusions, amnesia, nystagmus (oscillation of the eyeball when moving laterally), excitation, and skin dryness.
    Theophilus
    Theophilus

Angel Dust (PCP) Empty Re: Angel Dust (PCP)

Post  Theophilus Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Howdy. I did PCP once. Though I did not know it at the time. I smoked some weed only to be told afterword it was laced with PCP. I am glad I had the experience. It was amazing. I was out in the middle of nowhere. It was a beautiful night. The sky was so full of stars, so clear. I looked into the sky and I thought the universe itself was communicating with me. I thought at that time I understood the meaning of everything. I remember thinking I know the answer to everything. I felt excited at knowing this new found knowledge. Of course I was just really high. That being said I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I truly enjoyed it.

I have never done it again though(PCP). I was offered it (knowing this time it was PCP) again at certain points in my life. Once was enough.

I can really see how you could find yourself in deep trouble with the wrong dosage. I was lucky.
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Theophilus wrote:Howdy. I did PCP once. Though I did not know it at the time. I smoked some weed only to be told afterword it was laced with PCP. I am glad I had the experience. It was amazing. I was out in the middle of nowhere. It was a beautiful night. The sky was so full of stars, so clear. I looked into the sky and I thought the universe itself was communicating with me. I thought at that time I understood the meaning of everything. I remember thinking I know the answer to everything. I felt excited at knowing this new found knowledge. Of course I was just really high. That being said I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. I truly enjoyed it.

I have never done it again though(PCP). I was offered it (knowing this time it was PCP) again at certain points in my life. Once was enough.

I can really see how you could find yourself in deep trouble with the wrong dosage. I was lucky.

That part resonates with me most of all.

I have had similar almost 'spiritual' experiences when taking shrooms and acid, and unless you have experienced it, then it is too hard to put into words mate, right?

It's just amazing.
    Theophilus
    Theophilus

Post  Theophilus Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:45 pm

I have taken acid, and mushrooms as well. I can tell you when taking acid the experience was always positive. The first and only time I took mushrooms was not so good. I had a 1/4 ounce of weed, and a 1/4 ounce of mushrooms. There was four of us. We took a little at first. After a while we did not feel anything. So we said hey these shrooms suck, we've been ripped off. So the four of us ate the rest of the 1/4 ounce of shrooms. At that point I felt the first of the shrooms take effect. I knew I was in trouble when the roots of trees at the river I was at started to come towards me, and I saw my car floating.
    I at that point was thinking woops.

The high I went on that day, I don't know if I could put it into words.

It was intense.
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 pm

Theophilus wrote:I have taken acid, and mushrooms as well. I can tell you when taking acid the experience was always positive. The first and only time I took mushrooms was not so good. I had a 1/4 ounce of weed, and a 1/4 ounce of mushrooms. There was four of us. We took a little at first. After a while we did not feel anything. So we said hey these shrooms suck, we've been ripped off. So the four of us ate the rest of the 1/4 ounce of shrooms. At that point I felt the first of the shrooms take effect. I knew I was in trouble when the roots of trees at the river I was at started to come towards me, and I saw my car floating.

It was intense.

Yeah, you just messed up, took too many.

I doubt you could physically OD from shrooms though.

Maybe the weed you had would not have helped either?

Of course, if it gets too intense, the thing to do is simply suck an orange. You will be back to normal in no time.
    Theophilus
    Theophilus

Post  Theophilus Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Yeah Well Fine Then wrote:
    Theophilus wrote:I have taken acid, and mushrooms as well. I can tell you when taking acid the experience was always positive. The first and only time I took mushrooms was not so good. I had a 1/4 ounce of weed, and a 1/4 ounce of mushrooms. There was four of us. We took a little at first. After a while we did not feel anything. So we said hey these shrooms suck, we've been ripped off. So the four of us ate the rest of the 1/4 ounce of shrooms. At that point I felt the first of the shrooms take effect. I knew I was in trouble when the roots of trees at the river I was at started to come towards me, and I saw my car floating.

It was intense.

Of course, if it gets too intense, the thing to do is simply suck an orange. You will be back to normal in no time.

Dude I live in northern California. I know what good no, great weed is like. Cannot do it now, though times are changing. Soon I will. I know.
    lisan24

Post  lisan24 Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 pm

I never touched PCP, in fact I tried to stay away from anything "hard core". I stayed away from hallucinogenics as well. I didn't see my first scary movie until I was 14 (I was very sheltered) and even though it was just a Disney movie (the original The Haunting) it scared the crap out of me. I don't like scary movies, I don't like the dark, and I have a very over-active imagination when it comes to "scary" stuff. Because of that, my friends told me it would be best for me to avoid things like shrooms and acid.

I just smoked a LOT of pot and drank a lot of whiskey. I did ecstacy a handful of times, and meth once but I hated it. I didn't like the extra energy or the way I felt. Plus, it didn't help that I was kinda bullied into it.

I didn't do it for spiritual experiences though, and I never had any. I think part of that was when I was single and did drugs, often the guys I would be doing with it (there weren't a lot of girls in my area that would do drugs in the first place, and most were kind of gross - yes I'm bragging but I was by far the prettiest drug user...lol) would be trying to get me to take my clothes off or screw me. It was irritating, especially when I was on ex because I was more interested in girls than I was guys when I was high on E.

The best group I ever personally found was a group of gay guys that I would smoke with. We'd hang out, play video games, and we'd go up into the canyon and sit on the edge of a cliff and get high. THAT was a blast and probably the closest I ever got to a "spiritual" experience.
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:21 am

Theophilus wrote:

It was intense.

Dude I live in northern California. I know what good no, great weed is like. Cannot do it now, though times are changing. Soon I will. I know.

I meant shrooms.

If the effects of shrooms, or acid for that matter, become too intense, then the quickest way to negate the effects is to literally chomp down on an orange. Something to do with the Vit C, mate.

As for weed, I shall see your NC Weed, and raise you the fact that I have been to the Dam five times, and have tried all the bad boy weed - tongue

Back to shrooms, I was having a look on You Tube last night, about growing shrooms from spores. It is a lot more complex than you would imagine!
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:24 am

lisan24 wrote:I never touched PCP, in fact I tried to stay away from anything "hard core". I stayed away from hallucinogenics as well. I didn't see my first scary movie until I was 14 (I was very sheltered) and even though it was just a Disney movie (the original The Haunting) it scared the crap out of me. I don't like scary movies, I don't like the dark, and I have a very over-active imagination when it comes to "scary" stuff. Because of that, my friends told me it would be best for me to avoid things like shrooms and acid.

I just smoked a LOT of pot and drank a lot of whiskey. I did ecstacy a handful of times, and meth once but I hated it. I didn't like the extra energy or the way I felt. Plus, it didn't help that I was kinda bullied into it.

I didn't do it for spiritual experiences though, and I never had any. I think part of that was when I was single and did drugs, often the guys I would be doing with it (there weren't a lot of girls in my area that would do drugs in the first place, and most were kind of gross - yes I'm bragging but I was by far the prettiest drug user...lol) would be trying to get me to take my clothes off or screw me. It was irritating, especially when I was on ex because I was more interested in girls than I was guys when I was high on E.

The best group I ever personally found was a group of gay guys that I would smoke with. We'd hang out, play video games, and we'd go up into the canyon and sit on the edge of a cliff and get high. THAT was a blast and probably the closest I ever got to a "spiritual" experience.

It was either Tim Leary or Terence McKenna who once conducted a study on those that believed in god(s).

Upon being given LSD, a figure of about 70% mentioned that they felt that it heightened their experience with 'god'.

Of course, we all know it was really just the chemical change in their brain, and they were off their tits, but hey... Very Happy

Post  17 Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:27 am

PCP is over here brother lol.... Best poured into a water sprayer or mini perfume bottle... Then you can spray it over your weed and toke it up... Smile But yeah... It's out there brother.
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:39 pm

If it is then it is a niche market, and not at all common, mate.

Same with trips, these days.

Used to get 'em in little sugar cubes.

As rare as hens teeth now, so they are.
    I see...
    I see...

Post  I see... Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:44 pm

PCP has been in Brighton for a while...Or so I'm told... alien
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:54 pm

From reading about it, it doesn't sound my thing.

Harvesting shrooms would be good though.

Lots of fun to be had with them, or something deeper, if you want to go that way.

Oh.

Welcome on, btw..

Smile
    Theophilus
    Theophilus

Post  Theophilus Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Theophilus wrote:

It was intense.

I meant shrooms.

If the effects of shrooms, or acid for that matter, become too intense, then the quickest way to negate the effects is to literally chomp down on an orange. Something to do with the Vit C, mate.

As for weed, I shall see your NC Weed, and raise you the fact that I have been to the Dam five times, and have tried all the bad boy weed - tongue

Back to shrooms, I was having a look on You Tube last night, about growing shrooms from spores. It is a lot more complex than you would imagine!

I missed what you said there. My bad. So is that what they call it the Dam. I know you had told me you had gone there. That had to be a cool experience. Though I would make sure to take a taxi back to the hotel.

Now with shrooms. I took them only once, and I took way too much. I was with three friends of mine. I had a 1/4 ounce of shrooms. We each took about a gram, waited a while and nothing happened. I said damn we just got ripped off. So out of anger we ate the rest. That would be four grams each. Once I did that I started to feel the effects of the first gram I ate. It was powerful. I remember thinking damn I just really fucked up.

Post  17 Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:01 am

out of anger we ate the rest? lol.... I'd call it stupidity not anger Razz

Oh look a bouncing ball how cool. Basketball
    Theophilus
    Theophilus

Post  Theophilus Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:43 pm

17 wrote:out of anger we ate the rest? lol.... I'd call it stupidity not anger Razz

Oh look a bouncing ball how cool. Basketball

Yeah stupidity is probably a better way to describe what happened.

No the ball is not bouncing, it is breathing.

Wow.

Post  17 Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 pm

That always tends to be the common mistake with a few types of drugs Very Happy And sometimes it can cause mass waves of paranoia/and,or bad trip on the user when it all does start to kick in...

The ball breathes!!!!

What a Face
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Weed is still the way to go!

What about things like Kratom?

Anyone ever tried that?

http://www.sagewisdom.org/kratomguide.html

Post  17 Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Kratom? nah.... too boring lol.

Post  17 Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Oh.... lol you posted a link!! Just read it lol.... Man it isn't an upper drug :/ It sedates :/ And I am loving the withdrawal symptomns lol Crying! lmfao... That is awesome......

I has no Kratom!!! This makes me cwy! lol.
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:04 pm

17 wrote:Kratom? nah.... too boring lol.

Boring, how so, though.... What a Face

Post  17 Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:14 am

Not into sedatives.... If I wanted to be sedated I'd simply go see a physcartrist, end up in the happy home filled to the eyeballs with horse tranqs 24/7... Free of charge.

Also "brewing" methods I have no time for, (shrooms for example) It's just like a personal preference of mine heh.
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Yeah Well Fine Then
    Admin

Post  Yeah Well Fine Then Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:39 am

17 wrote:Not into sedatives.... If I wanted to be sedated I'd simply go see a physcartrist, end up in the happy home filled to the eyeballs with horse tranqs 24/7... Free of charge.

Also "brewing" methods I have no time for, (shrooms for example) It's just like a personal preference of mine heh.

Could it not be argued that weed is a 'sedative' of sorts?

Anyway, from what I have read, Kratom can act as a sedative AND a stimulant, depending on quantity.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:17 am